Who we are
NA’AMAT, Hebrew acronym for “Movement of Working Women and Volunteers,” is an "organization" and a "movement" striving to enhance the quality of life for women, children and families in Israel, the U.S. and around the world. Originally named Pioneer Women, it was founded as a sister movement to NA’AMAT Israel.
- To help NA'AMAT, its sister organization in israel, provide training, educational and social services for women, youth, children and families.
- To raise the status of women in Israel and in the United States.
- To aid in the absorption of new immigrants to Israel.
SERVICES TO WOMEN AND CHILDREN IN ISRAEL
- Provides day care for over 25,000 in various centers throughout Israel.
- Operates community centers offering a full range of educational, cultural and social activities for every age group.
- Organizes and conducts counseling programs for adolescents and their families.
STATUS OF WOMEN
- Provides legal aid for women.
- Maintains centers for the prevention and treatment of violence in the family.
- Maintains a shelter for battered women in cooperation with the Municipality of Tel Aviv.
- Support system for single parent families.
AGRICULTURAL AND VOCATIONAL TRAINING
- Operates agricultural boarding high schools.
- Maintains vocational and technological high schools for youth.
- Provides a broad network of vocational programs for women and young people.
- Awards hundreds of scholarships annually for academic and vocational training.
IN THE UNITED STATES
- Advocates legislations and participation in hearings and coalitions in the areas of women's rights, child welfare, constitutional issues, civil rights, housing and employment.
- Supports Jewish education, Jewish youth activities and Habonin Dror (the Labor Zionist Youth Movement).
- Supports the programs and projects of the Jewish National Fund.
- Member of World Labor Zionist Movement, Conference of Presidents of Major American Jewish Organizations, World Jewish Congress, American Zionist Movement, and Religious Coalition on Abortion Rights.
- Sponsor and convener of the National Summit Meeting on domestic violence for Major American Jewish Women's Organizations.
International Members of NA'AMAT
NA'AMAT members of the San Fernando Valley
Los Angeles Israel Festival